Installer Maker 1.7Are you a programmer, business(wo)man, teacher, artist, secretary, musician, or anyone who needs to distribute files? Installer Maker is a tool, which wraps your files in one single installer for easy distribution. Creating an installer is just a matter of minutes. There are also special options available, which allow you to include a Read Me file, to start your programme automatically after installation and more.
If you want to use the Installer Maker as part of the LiveCode IDE, then you need to download the LiveCode plug-in here. Licenses are valid for both the standalone version and the plug-in version.
The current version works fine on Mac OS X and Windows and is being tested on Linux. We expect to release a new version with Linux compatibility in 2011.
With this product, you will streamline that last part of your production flow: preparing for distribution. Now, you can do it all with one and the same tool: your LiveCode IDE.
A license costs 39 euro (approximately 50 dollar). There won't be a trial version, but we will provide ample instructions, pictures and videos. A video tutorial is available here. You are always welcome to send e-mails with questions about Installer Maker.
A license entitles you to one support incident. A license is valid for multiple computers, but for only one user (please refer to the license conditions provided with the software).
Installer Maker feature listThe Installer Maker contains the following main features:
- build standalone installers for Mac OS X (Universal, PowerPC or Intel) and Windows.
- install fonts the correct way and make them available without restarting the computer
- optionally include license and Read Me files
- optionally include Uninstaller (The Uninstaller can be started from the Add/Remove Software control panel in Windows)
- inclusion in Start menu on Windows platforms
- create shortcuts on the desktop and in other locations
- auto-start your application after installation
- set up file associations on Windows
- create installers in any of the following languages: Catalan, Danish,Dutch, English, French, German, Icelandic, Italian and Spanish.
- limited appearance adjustments are allowed (backdrop, theme colour, icon in window, custom icon for installer application)
- password protection
- Run additional scripts and applications before and after installing the software
Installer Maker 1.8.2
- we have added a feature to store all settings of your project in a profile, which can be saved to disk
- to enhance safety, it is no longer possible to accidentally associate the .exe file extension with your software
Installer Maker 1.8.0
- the developer can choose whether to use NotePad or the default application to open Read Me files
- a new Preferences pane has been added to the Installer Maker window
- when adding new files and folders, you will always be asked if you want to add or replace files
- a warning is shown if the name of the installer starts with a space (in the Appearance section)
- the Read Me file is detected automatically and suggested in the Options tab of the Options pane
- a few minor interface changes (mind the change of icons in the tool bar)
- we'll be removing the Pictures folder from the LiveCode plug-in folder and new pictures are saved elsewhere
- permissions for application packages are now set correctly if you create your OSX-compatible installer on Windows
- we removed the Fonts option from the Select Destination menu button to avoid confusion
- (almost?) every control in the Installer Maker window has a tooltip now, which should make it much easier to use it
- the file list on the Edit tab allows for selecting and deleting multiple files
- a bug that prevented the Uninstaller option on the Build tab from becoming enabled has been fixed
- better feedback about progress while building the installer
- the display of file icons has been disabled on PowerMacs
- correct theme colour is used in Uninstaller
- improved icon display in a few error dialog windows
- On Mac, the drop area on the Files tab shows the icon of the file or folder dropped onto it
- improved visual transition between tabs
- resource forks are now enabled, which implies support for old classic fonts on OSX (this feature is currently being tested)
- small German language corrections
- the file "installer test.txt" no longer appears on the desktop
- the Choose Folder button on the Files tab no longer displays an icon but the icon is now always shown correctly in the drop area
- Mac OS X application packages can now run as post-install scripts
- the loud sound playing when a file was dropped on the drop area has been removed
- we have removed the reduntant spaces from the button labels
- the default text that appears if no license condictions have been set at all but the license screen hasn't been set to be skipped, has been restored
- the installer is now able to print the license conditions
- compatibility with Revolution 4.x has been improved, avoiding an error that sometimes appeared after building the installer
- pictures on the tab Appearance>Picture no longer become invisible when selected
- an error potentially occurring when Installer Maker opens has been corrected
- errors potentially occurring in the installer on a Mac while opening the Read Me file are now reported immediately after the attempt to open the file
- German title "Installierung" changed into "Installation"
- Installer Maker tries to provide more info when a file can't be found while the installer is being built (both the internal file name and the actual file path)
- The Open Read Me File and Start Application buttons are now active by default, if the respective files are available
- Corrections to the Italian language feature and several small modifications to make things work more smoothly
- We have reworked the interface, particularly by removing the tab bar and adding a completely new tool bar
- The ability to run scripts and applications, before and after running the installer, has been added; supported are: Revolution/LiveCode/MetaCard stacks, AppleScript (.scpt) files, Visual Basic Script (.vbs) files, Mac OS X applications (.app) and Windows executables (.exe)
- Commandkey-1 to Commankey-5 are handled 'slightly' better in the IDE
- In de Edit tab, files could sometimes not be removed; this bug has been fixed
- on Mac OS X, the installer log is now UTF8 encoded
- this version is meant to be compatible with Lion (please report any problems)
- we disabled arrow key navigation in the Installer Maker window because it was confusing
- small language improvements in German installers
- we have added an optional default license text (English only for now)
- auto-discovery of Read Me or License File if included with your standalone
- Read Me files can now also be in UTF16 or HTML format
- Option to automatically add an icon to the Mac OS X dock
- A new Catalan language option has been added
- The Exit button wasn't localized and this has been fixed
- If a folder or file can't be written due to lack of admin rights, an error message is displayed
- Many adjustments and bug fixes to the Scripts tab
- Automatically created shortcuts (aliases) could be broken on Windows and have been fixed
- The installer no longer complains that script could not be executed if no pre- or post-install scripts have been defined
- Italian language option
- Several small bug fixes
- French is now included as a language option
- The installation log is written to the console (Mac OS X only)
- A few minor language issues have been corrected in the Icelandic version of the installer
DownloadBelow, you can download the Installer Maker application. Go here if you want to download the Installer Maker Plugin for LiveCode.
Important note for license holders: only download and update if your license is less than three months old. If your license is older, buy an upgrade first. Always keep a backup of the Installer Maker installer in a safe place.
|Installer Maker for Mac OS X||Download||12 MB|
|Installer Maker for MS Windows||Download||14 MB|
|Installer Maker for Linux||Download||10 MB|
Please note that the Installer Maker for Linux creates installers for Windows and Mac OS X but not for Linux.
Buy LicensePlease, don't forget to enter your real name. You don't need a PayPal account to pay for your upgrade. Just click on "Pay with Credit or Debit Card" to proceed if you have no PayPal account.
|Click the button to buy a license for Installer Maker|
Even though you can now use the Installer Maker to create your own installers for your standalone programmes, we understand that creating a complete set-up can still be quite complicated. You don't need to worry, because we continue to offer our installer building service. You can read more about our installer building service here.
Please, enter your serial number in the field below:
Is your license more than 3 months old? This means that your license key won't work with the current version of the Installer Maker. Fortunately, you can upgrade to the latest version at a very modest price. An upgrade costs just EUR 16.95. The upgrade lets you use the current version, but it also lets you benefit from three months of free updates!
Just enter your serialkey in the box above and press the button to see your upgrade option.
copyright © 2005-2012 by Economy-x-Talk, Nijmegen, the Netherlands - no rights can be derived from this website - economy-x-talk bears no responsibility for linking and linked websites - disclaimers apply at all times
|We use ads to pay for our own marketing campaigns. Please don't block the ads, they keep our prices low. Don't click on 'How to make money'-ads.|