Recently, We got a request to make some improvements to Installer Maker. As a result, we have made many, many invisible changes, fixing bugs and adding new features. In a few places, the changes are visible. For example, you can see the long list with all special folder paths for Windows (XP up to and including 8.1) and you can see a small but essential change on the Scripts pane, allowing for pre- and post-uninstall script execution.
Below follows an overview of all changes in the latest beta version.
- Installers created with a trial copy on Windows should now start correctly (only on the same computer as on which they were created)
- The documentation (on the Help screen) should still show up, even if the httpHeaders were set incorrectly by another script
- install locations have been extended by a large number of Windows-specific directories
- the destination “startup disk” appeared incorrectly
- a possibility to create an installer with empty files has been added
- the uninstaller is now installed in the executable’s folder on Windows, while previously it would end up in a separate folder occasionally
- file paths are now included in profile files
- if a path in a profile file is not found, you’ll be asked if you want to repair all paths
- on Windows, the Uninstaller can now execute LiveCode scripts that have been added on the Scripts pane; thise feature will be added for Mac OS X soon
Note that this is still a beta version. If you want to create an installer for distribution, download and use Installer Maker from the official website. Tests show that Installer Maker 1.8.7b03 isn’t fully compatible with LiveCode 7 yet, due to bugs in LiveCode 7. Installer Maker 1.8.7b03 is only available as a plug-in for the commercial license of LiveCode. A standalone version will be made available shortly.
We need your help! Please, download and test Installer Maker 1.8.7b03 and send an e-mail with your findings to Economy-x-Talk’s support department! Everybody can download the beta. Installers created with an unregister trial copy only work on the computer they were created on. This version of Installer Maker is a free update for everyone with a current license.